Monday, January 7, 2019

Becca



Life they say, is unfair. Death is even less fair, it leaves you feeling like you've just been belted in the gut by someone wearing brass knuckles...

2:00 Am, Jan 7, 2019 left me reeling in disbelief. My daughter come into the room crying, woke her mother and I, and informed us that Becca was gone...

My wife and I, half awake, and half asleep, found it difficult to process, to grasp what we'd just been told. Becca? Why Becca? My wife could only weep, and say "it's not fair"...

At 48, Becca was still young, she had so much life ahead of her yet, she was a good person. Becca was the person who when life knocked you around so hard that you question the very existence and love of God, you went to Becca, and she told you simply by her smile, her words, her actions, and her compassion; "God is real, He exists, and He loves you". Becca, for lack of words, was the embodiment of Christ. She lived, loved, spoke, and worked, not like Christ; but as Christ.

When someone was hungry, there was Becca. When someone needed a place to call home, there was Becca. When someone needed clothes or comfort, there was Becca. Whenever anyone (no matter who) needed anything (no matter what), there was Becca...

Becca opened her heart and home to so many people during her life; including myself and my family. You never left Becca's hungry. When you went to her house, hungry or not, you ate; and you ate good. Becca would not stand for less.
Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, New Years, Weddings, Funerals; Becca. They all went together; and Becca made sure they were good.

Becca could not tolerate discord between others. You have a problem with this person? Someone don't like you? "Too bad, get along; were family". That was how Becca saw it; and that is how it was going to be so long as she had anything to say about it. In Becca's world, everyone got along, everyone was happy, everyone loved everyone else; that made Becca happy. When I first come into this family, when I made mistakes that caused everyone to want to grab me and shake me, hard; there was Becca... Becca was one of the ones in the family who always loved me, and forgave me, no matter what I had done... This was Becca with everyone.

This morning was one of those times I spoke of earlier, that leaves you questioning God's existence. I had already been questioning God, and His love for quite a while before this, then this morning threw me against a wall....
But as I said; then there's Becca...
I look back at life since meeting Becca, I remember all the bad, and how Becca always turned it to Joy, and I know; "God is real, He exists, and He loves us"...….

God; please take care of our Becca till we see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  People will tell you that because you believe in giving unconditionally, without expecting anything in return, that because you refuse to ...